Capital Services Unit
King County Stormwater Services Section
This mission of the Capital Services Unit is to protect public health, property, and natural resources from flooding, soil erosion, and drainage problems caused by stormwater. This is done by through capital projects and programs that require planning, design, construction, managing multidisciplinary teams, and engaging residents and stakeholders.
To provide planning, design, and implementation of capital projects that manage storm and surface water runoff to protect people, property, and the environment and comply with county, state, and federal requirements.
- Madsen Creek Tributary 0306A Pipe System Replacement at Fairwood Boulevard Southeast Project
- Skyway - West Hill Drainage Study for Capital Investment Project
- Evans Creek Tributary 108 Small Stream Basin Retrofit
- Fairwood Crest Fish Barrier Removal
- Fairwood Park Stormwater Improvement Pipe Replacement
- Horseshoe Lake Flood Reduction Project
- Small Stream Basin Retrofit Siting Program
- Lake Allen Outlet Project
- May Valley Flood Hazard Reduction
- May Valley Sediment Removal Project
- Deer Creek Beaver Dam Flood Risk Reduction Project
- Des Moines Habitat Restoration Project
- Seola Creek Basin Retrofit Project
For more information about the Capital Services Unit, please contact Lorraine Lai, Supervising Engineer, Stormwater Services, Water and Land Resources Division, King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks.