Georgetown Wet Weather Treatment Station
Groundbreaking on the Georgetown Wet Weather Treatment Station
King County’s contractor, Titan Earthwork, completed site preparation and demolition activities to prepare the treatment station site for construction. Major construction started in March 2018 with a groundbreaking ceremony.
A section of concrete box culvert is installed at South Michigan Street. Crews used an excavator and trench box to install. View more photos of the conveyance pipeline .
Carpenters form a structural wall at the station site. View more photos of the treatment station .
What to expect during construction
- Project team available to brief and update community groups, business owners, and residents about construction activities and next steps for construction
- Active 24/7 information line: 206-205-9286
- Advance notification of construction activities
- Email updates about construction activities and community outreach
- Security fencing and erosion and sediment control around the project sites
- Large trucks and equipment moving in and out of the project areas
- Possible work on or near roadways, including on Fourth Avenue South, South Michigan Street, South River Street, and First Avenue South
- There may be traffic impacts as pipes are installed
- Increased noise, typical of a construction site
View the video below to learn about the project and our sustainable practices during construction.