Loop® vehicle maintenance facility
King County’s contractors are moving ahead with construction and are currently laying storm drains at the site of the Loop Vehicle Maintenance Facility. For more information on the estimated schedule, see project schedule below.
Construction is expected to be completed by fall of 2022. Read more in our latest project newsletter .
Wondering what the new facility will look like? Here is our current rendering :
What is the Loop Vehicle Maintenance Facility Project?
King County Wastewater Treatment Division (WTD) is designing a new vehicle maintenance and staging facility for transporting Loop biosolids. The new facility will be located in North Bend (exit 34 off I-90) on County-owned land.
Why is King County building this facility?
- The current vehicle facility is located in south Seattle, on a space leased from the King County Airport. The lease on this land is now ending without the option to renew, requiring WTD to relocate the facility.
- Helps meet new federal regulations that limit the time a driver can be on the road.
- This facility reduces driving time and improves safety for every traveler on our highways and roads.
What are Loop biosolids?
Loop biosolids are a nutrient-rich soil amendment created from King County wastewater. As it has for 40 years, the County produces Loop from solids extracted during the wastewater treatment process. Loop is used on farms and forests by commercial growers in both Eastern and Western Washington.
Learn more about Loop biosolids at:
Construction hotline: 206-296-7432
Contact Eunice Lee at:firstname.lastname@example.org
This schedule is subject to change and will be updated as the project moves forward.
Working with the community
King County will work with the public, community groups, and other key stakeholders to provide project information, identify potential impacts, and involve the community during construction where possible.
Community members can expect:
- Advanced notice of meetings and construction
- Community group and neighbor briefings
- Project newsletters and fliers
- Project web page updates, including frequently asked questions
- Construction hotline