Reporting a problem
Sewer construction issues
King County's Wastewater Treatment Division has committed to public health and water quality by investing in dozens of vital sewer improvement projects every year. During construction, public involvement staff are available to respond to your concerns (view map of projects).
Sewage spill response
Sewage spills are most often caused by clogged or broken pipes belonging to private owners. On rare occasions, problems in the local or county sewer system can result in sewage spills on private property.
- 206-263-3801 (in Seattle, Lake Forest Park, Kenmore, Shoreline), or
- 206-263-1760 (all other areas in the service area).
We make every effort to respond to odor complaints promptly.
Sewage complaint investigations relating to septic systems
- Contact Environmental Health Services at 206-477-8050
Drainage or water quality problems not related to the King County wastewater system
In the City of Seattle:
- Contact the 24-hour emergency service line at 206-386-1800
In greater King County:
- Call the drainage and water quality complaint investigation line to report problems with stormwater runoff and surface water quality.
To report a problem with streams, rivers, lakes, or the Puget Sound
- Contact Ecology Northwest Regional Office: 206-594-0000 or report a spill .
View more WTD news releases.