King County Boards and Commissions
King County currently has 54 active boards and commissions comprised of over 575 volunteers. These volunteers advise the Executive and the King County Council on policies and programs affecting residents of King County. The Executive's Annual Report (PDF, 728KB) to the King County Council on boards and commissions is available online now.
While we accept applications for appointment to King County boards and commissions at any time, currently recruiting for members are the following boards and commissions. You can find further information about the following boards by viewing our "Currently Recruiting" page:
- Fauntleroy Ferry Advisory Committee (Click on the link to download the FFAC Application - Application deadline: September 12, 2018)
- Priority Hire Advisory Committee, contractor representative (Click on the link to download the PHAC Application - Application deadline: Tuesday, August 21, 2018)
- Seattle Ferry Advisory Committee
- Solid Waste Advisory Committee
- WaterWorks Grant Ranking Committee
- Women's Advisory Board (must be nominated by a King County Councilmember)
To apply for an appointment to a King County board or commission, please complete this basic application . (The application can be completed online. When you have completed the application save it on your computer. When you are ready to send us your completed application form, simply attach the document to an email and send it back to us at the email address below. Or, you can print the completed form and return it via U.S. mail to the address below.) We also accept a resume in lieu of completing the application form. If you are selected for an appointment to a King County board or commission you will also be asked to complete a King County Board of Ethics financial disclosure form.
King County seeks to create an inclusive and accessible process for individuals who wish to serve on a King County board or commission. We strive to ensure that King County boards and commissions are reflective of the community we serve.
If you have questions on the application process or about a particular board/commission contact Rick Ybarra, Liaison for Boards and Commissions, King County Executive Office, 401 Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Seattle, Washington 98104, Direct Phone Line: 206-263-9651 or via email at Rick.Ybarra@kingcounty.gov