Tips for Success
Understand what sustainable attributes we look for when purchasing goods and services in our Sustainable Purchasing Guide.
Find out which products and services we have green contracts for in our Awarded Contracts List, which denotes contracts with sustainable attributes.
See King County's Sustainable Policies here.
EnviroStars offers resources and recognition for green business practices and links to local environmental programs and incentives that can help.
Small Contractors and Suppliers (SCS) certification makes your small business eligible for special considerations.
Do you have an innovative sustainable good or service you want to share with us? Contact our Sustainable Purchasing Program Manager, Karen Hamilton, at: EPP@kingcounty.gov
King County looks for products and services that save the County money and reduce its impact on the environment.
- LED lighting
- ENERGY STAR-certified appliances
- Alternative fuels
- Alternative fuel vehicles
- FSC-certified wood
- 100% recycled-content copy paper
- Re-refined, bio-based or long life lubricants and motor oils
- EPEAT-certified computers and electronics
- Biosolids compost
- Remanufactured toner cartridges
- Recycled asphalt
- Recycled concrete
- Yard waste compost
- Recycled-content janitorial paper products
- Green cleaners
- BIFMA Level certified furniture with low VOC’s
- Low VOC paint
- Low GHG cement alternatives
- Integrated pest management services
- 26.4 percent of materials included recycled content
- 59 percent of material locally sourced and extracted within 500 miles of the site
- 90 percent of all new wood purchased was FSC certified
Have questions or an idea for a green product or service you think we should hear about?King County relies on environmental standards and certifications where they are available, and we look to businesses to partner with us and help us innovate.
For more information, contact our Sustainable Purchasing Program Manager, Karen Hamilton, at: EPP@kingcounty.gov