Community COVID-19 vaccination events in King County
Thank you for your interest in hosting a community COVID-19 vaccination event. Involvement from trusted community organizations like yours is crucial in expanding vaccine access to prioritized and underserved groups throughout King County.
Public Health is supporting community vaccination events by linking available vaccine providers with community organizations that meet specific criteria. Learn more below to see whether your organization can support a vaccination event, and how to submit a site for consideration.
About community vaccination events
While the vaccine supply is limited, Public Health’s efforts are focused on serving those at greatest risk in areas with the most COVID-19 cases, primarily in Black, Indigenous, and other communities of color (BIPOC) that have suffered a disproportionate burden of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. We are also looking at other criteria such as zip codes where BIPOC communities have low rates of vaccination relative to overall rates of vaccination.
Community vaccination events are hosted at locations that are easily accessible and familiar to the community being served. Sites may include community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, schools, employers, and businesses.
The COVID-19 Community Vaccination Event Planning Workbook was developed to help your organization understand what is needed to plan an event. This Workbook is freely available to anyone interested in planning this type of event, whether with Public Health or another vaccination partner.
Printable resources for community partners and vaccine providers
(Chinese, Sim.) 繁體字
(Chinese, Trad.) دری
(Dari) English 日本語
(Korean) Kajin M̧ajeļ
(Russian) Af Soomaali
(Spanish) Wikang Tagalog/Filipino
(Ukrainian) Tiếng Việt
V-safe Information Sheet (Double-sided): Use this information sheet to learn more about v-safe, including instructions on how to register and complete health check-ins.
V-safe Flyer: Use this flyer to promote v-safe to vaccine recipients and share information on how to access the v-safe registration website.
- More materials are available at Public Health’s Community vaccination resources page.
- Watch this video to learn about the features in the COVID-19 Vaccination Data Dashboard. This dashboard shows vaccination rates by zip code. We encourage you to use the data to plan a community vaccine event or another type of outreach to reach communities with lower vaccination rates. Consider the following:
- If you're curious about specific cities or neighborhoods, use the zip code map to reveal vaccination rates in those areas. Check out the table below the map for more detailed information.
- If you are interested in vaccine coverage by race/ethnicity or age group, use the toggles at the top of the zip code dashboard to show which of these communities are accessing vaccine.
- View the "Summary of Zip Codes" tab to get an overview of which zip codes have highest and lowest rates of vaccination.
Submit a site for consideration
To submit your site for consideration, please complete the following survey:
- English: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/47d2b847a95c475c8982f147a96b92a4
- Español: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/c71031284190452da20e01113388cce9
We will not be able to work with all organizations who submit interest and encourage you to take advantage of existing vaccination sites when possible, such as primary care providers, high-volume vaccination sites, or local pharmacies.
Someone from Public Health will reach out to you if we are able to partner with you on a community vaccination event. Thank you for your support.
Link/share our site at kingcounty.gov/covid/cve