In-person class and test
The in-person Food Worker Card class offers materials in English, Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi, Russian and Vietnamese. There will be no class on any official holidays.
Downtown Seattle -
401 5th Ave (corner of 5th and Jefferson)
Seattle WA 98104
- Parking: If you are planning to drive, metered street parking is available in the area as well as several parking lots south of the building along 5th Ave. A parking garage is located across the street (enter by heading halfway up Jefferson then turn south into the alleyway entrance.) Please note that we do not validate for parking.
- Rooms 121 and 126 as specified below are on the ground floor. Enter through lobby and head to back of building beyond the elevators.
Held on Fridays, 9:30 am to 12:00 Noon (doors close by 9:15 am). Reservations are not necessary.
|September 13, 2019||Room #121|
|October 4, 2019||Room #121|
|November 1, 2019||Room #121|
|December 6, 2019||Room #126|
|January 3, 2020||Room #126|
|February 7, 2020||Room #121|
|March 6, 2020||Room #126|
|April 3, 2020||Room #121|
|May 1, 2020||Room #126|
|June 5, 2020||Room #126|
|July 10, 2020||Room #126|
|August 7, 2020||Room #126|
|September 11, 2020||Room #126|
|October 2, 2020||Room #126|
|November 6, 2020||Room #126|
|December 4, 2020||Room #126|
To help you understand the concepts taught in the class and later in the exam, download the following materials to study in advance so that you can easily pass the test:
- Food Worker Manual (available in multiple languages by the Washington State Dept. of Health)
- Streaming videos on food safety
- Attention Meat Cutters: If your job requires the cutting of fresh beef, veal, lamb and/or pork within a meat establishment you will need to pass an exam to obtain a personal occupational "Meat Cutter" license in addition to the food worker card exam. See testing dates and locations.
Training materials and tests are available at the food worker card classes in English, Spanish, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, and Vietnamese. The test is also available in Japanese but sorry no training materials available for this language.
If you need help to understand the class or the test, bring someone you trust, or call us for an interpreter (please allow at least two weeks advance notice) at 206-263-9566.
How to schedule a private class for your group at your location
If you would like a Public Health food worker card instructor to train your group at your location (King County, WA only), please complete the following form to get started and we'll be in touch with you to finalize the details to schedule a training.
Please allow 2 weeks advance notice of when you would like to have the class scheduled so we can organize staff time and other resources as necessary. If you have additional questions about this process, please call the King County Food Protection office at 206-263-9566.
Fees: $10 for each permit issued