Skip to main content
Our website is changing! Starting March 31, 2023 our website will look different, but we're working hard to make sure you can still find what you need.  
King County logo

Public Health issues plumbing and gas piping permits, and performs inspections, in the following jurisdictions:

  • Seattle
  • Unincorporated King County
  • Beaux Arts
  • Clyde Hill

If the property is in another King County city, you will need to get your plumbing and gas piping permits from that city's building department. If you are uncertain about the jurisdiction, please use the King County Parcel Viewer to check. Use care when entering the parcel number and property address for your permit. If our inspectors are sent to the wrong site due to your error, you may be charged a $25 change-of-address fee.

For permits issued online, you will need to wait for an hour before you can call to request an inspection.

Renewal of an existing permit or the addition of fixtures/outlets to an existing permit cannot be done online but you can do it over the phone. Just call 206-263-9566 and have your SR# and a credit card available.