Skip to main content
King County logo

The King County Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention works closely with the Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) to assist those leaving detention and returning to the community. Information on veterans services, mental and behavioral health, substance abuse, housing and homelessness, jobs and education, developmental disabilities, help from domestic violence, legal aid, and other services can be found at the DCHS site.

Keep in mind that:

  • Most agencies do not accept collect calls.
  • 1-800, 1-866 and 1-877 are toll free.
  • Most public libraries have free internet access.
  • The Crisis Clinic also has detailed information and additional resources. Call: 1-800-621-4636 or 211.