What we do
Online service interruptions
Our lobby services are closed. All permit applications can now be submitted online.
King County Permits has suspended lobby services in our Snoqualmie and Vashon Island offices. See available and alternative services
Local Services – Permits is the agency that provides land use, building and fire regulatory and operating permits, code enforcement and a limited number of business licenses for unincorporated areas of King County.
King County, Local Services – Permits
35030 SE Douglas Street, Suite 210
Snoqualmie, WA 98065-9266
206-296-6600 | DPERWebinquiries@kingcounty.gov
Days of operation
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
In-person customer service hours - Permitting Office is closed (see details at the top of web page)
If you have questions or would like to inquire about alternatives, please email DPERWebInquiries@kingcounty.gov.
Customer service phone hours
9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Cashier / Reception
Pay Invoices online
NOTE Permitting services at the Vashon Island office are suspended.
Vashon Chamber of Commerce
17141 Vashon Highway SW
Vashon, WA 98070
Days of operation
Tuesday 9 a.m–1 p.m.
- Permitting services (limited)
- General information and helpful advice on permitting (land use, critical areas, etc.)
- Property specific information and interpretation based on past history, if available
- Intake of applications and fees that do not require a pre-application meeting
- Free technical assistance and pre-submittal services are available as walk-ins with no appointment necessary
- Over the Counter Permits
- Pre-Submittal Service
- Permit Issuance
- Records Center
- All services are a first-come, first-serve; customer wait time may vary depending on customer volumes.
The cashier accepts fee payments and applications eligible for drop-off and provides issuance of most approved permits and notary services. VISA and Master Card credit card payments are accepted.
Check in with reception for prescheduled meetings or drop off materials associated with pending permit applications.