Skip to main content

Records Research

Records Research

The Permitting Records Center offers customers the ability to research building and land use permits which have been finalized, closed or are still active in unincorporated King County. Code Enforcement case files may also be made available after they have been reviewed by staff for attorney/client privilege or confidentiality.

For records on property located within city limits, you must contact the city (external link) directly. (However, the Permitting Records Center does maintain some records for properties that are annexed or incorporated into a city after finalization of a King County permit.) Check jurisdiction online, call the Records Center at 206-296-6600 or email

In most cases, Records Center staff can retrieve the permit file(s) you are looking for while you wait.  If it is not available, staff will request your contact information and will respond to you within 3 - 5 business days to set a time for you to return to view the file(s). You are encouraged to call or email the Records Center prior to coming to the Records Center and leaving your request on voice mail. Your call will be returned within 3 - 5 business days to let you know if and when the file will be available for you to review. Please call the Records Center at 206-296-6696 or email