Skyway-West Hill Subarea Plan
Public comment period: Sept. 30 – Oct. 28
Skyway-West Hill Community Service Area Subarea Plan and Land Use and Zoning Map Amendments
- Skyway-West Hill Subarea Plan Public Review Draft
- Skyway-West Hill Subarea Plan – Land Use and Zoning Map Amendments
These documents build on the Phase 1 Skyway-West Hill Land Use Strategy and on many priorities the community has told us about over the past several years.
County staff members will gather comments on the Subarea Plan and Zoning Map Amendments during the dates listed above. Using this input, they will update the documents. The King County Executive will send the revised documents to the King County Council at the end of the year. We expect the council to review, revise, and adopt the Subarea Plan and Zoning Map Amendments by June 30, 2022.
- Skyway-West Hill Subarea Plan Public Review Draft Reader’s Guide (English)
- Guía para el lector del borrador para revisión pública del Plan de subárea de Skyway-West Hill (Español)
- Hagaha Akhristaha ee Dib u Eegista Qabyo Qoraalka Qorshaha Aagga Skyway-West Hill (Soomali)
- Hướng Dẫn Dành Cho Độc Giả Bản Dự Thảo Đánh Giá Của Cộng Đồng Về Quy Hoạch Tiểu Vùng Skyway-West Hill (Tiếng Việt)
Share your thoughts
- Dynamic web portal: www.publicinput.com/Skyway (provides information and allows comments in many languages)
- Email: SubareaPlanning@kingcounty.gov. Please make sure that the subject line includes “Skyway-West Hill.”
- U.S. Mail
King County Permitting Division
35030 SE Douglas Street, Suite 210
Snoqualmie, WA 98065-9266
- Phone/voicemail: 206-263-3000
What’s already happened
On July 24, 2020 the King County Council adopted the Skyway-West Hill Land Use Strategy, Phase 1 of the Skyway-West Hill Community Service Area Subarea Plan.
At the same time, the council also expanded the scope of the county’s subarea plans to include topics beyond land use. They directed King County Local Services to re-engage with the community and establish a 20-year vision for Skyway-West Hill and a broad range of policies in support of that vision.
The council also directed Local Services to develop community needs lists to accompany the county’s subarea plans. This list will include community-identified services, programs, and capital improvement projects that support the community’s vision and inform budget decisions for future investments in Skyway-West Hill.
On Sept. 30, 2019 the King County Executive transmitted his recommended Skyway-West Hill Land Use Subarea Plan to the King County Council as part of a set of 2020 updates to the 2018 Comprehensive Plan. Below are the recommended plan and related information.
King County Comprehensive Plan website (King County Executive)
2020 Updates to Comprehensive Plan (King County Council)
King County Local Services
35030 SE Douglas Street, Suite 210
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
- Skyway-West Hill Subarea Plan Public Review Draft flyer (English)
- Skyway-West Hill Subarea Plan information sheet
- Skyway-West Hill Engagement Pledge
- June 1, 2019–Public comments from Community Forum
- Feb. 2019–Stakeholder interview compilation
- 2018-2019–Skyway Field Office days
- Nov. 20, 2018–Futurewise meeting
- Oct. 30, 2018–Public comments from Community Forum
- Oct. 16, 2018–Skyway-West Hill quarterly meeting
- Aug. 18, 2018–Skyway Block Party booth
- March 28, 2018–Martin Luther King Jr. Way Focus Group notes
- March 12, 2018–Skyway Commercial District Focus Group
- Feb. 20, 2018–Skyway Scenic Views Focus Group
- Nov. 4, 2017–Skyway Solutions Convening
- Aug. 19, 2017–Oral comments from Skyway Block Party
- Nov. 2020 – Aug. 2021 online survey
- November 2018 survey results
King County response to November 2018 survey questions
- February 2019 survey results will be posted when they become available.