Skip to main content
King County logo

In February 2021, the Washington Supreme Court struck down the state’s felony drug possession law (also known as Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance or VUCSA - possession). The case is called State v. Blake. This means that any person convicted of particular drug offenses prior to February 2021 could get those convictions invalidated.

Fill out this form to have an attorney review your case.
Or contact us via email at

Who is entitled to legal help, and what could that help look like? 

  • A person in prison whose sentence was increased due to a conviction for felony drug possession could get their sentence shortened.
  • A person on probation (or community custody supervision) due to a conviction for felony drug possession (or attempted possession) could have their probation period stricken or shortened.
  • A person with past felony drug convictions could have them removed from their record and get any fines and fees they paid refunded.

If you, a friend, or a family member have a drug conviction from King County, a lawyer from the King County Department of Public Defense may be able to help. 

Please fill out this form and, once completed, hit the submit button. An attorney will review your case history and get in touch with you within one week if you qualify for relief. 

For more information, please contact us at