ORCA Business Programs
Give your employees more commuting choices with our easy-to-use ORCA Business Programs! Whether your company numbers 5 or 55,000, you can take advantage of our transportation pass programs to give your employees the commuting power and flexibility they need that comes with every ORCA pass.
Our ORCA Business Passport and ORCA Business Choice programs provide Puget Sound employers with popular commute benefits that scale to fit your company’s needs.
ORCA Business Passport
Equip your employees with one of the Puget Sound's most popular workplace benefits: unlimited transit travel. Business Passport is an easy-to-manage annual program only available through employers. It provides an unlimited-trip ORCA pass to all benefits-eligible employees, including vanpool and vanshare options as well as Metro's Home Free Guarantee.
What the program looks like:
- Provide all benefits-eligible employees with an unlimited-use ORCA card
- Annual program with no monthly program administration required
- Reassign cards to new employees as staffing changes
- Option for employee cost-sharing up to 50% cost of unlimited pass
- Cost based on company's location
- Complete list of what is included with Passport (PDF)
ORCA Business Choice
Business Choice provides the most flexibility in size and scale. You select which employees receive an ORCA card and the dollar value you put on it. Fees can be incorporated into pre-tax employee payroll deductions and you can make changes monthly. Your employees can add additional funds to their ORCA cards.
Business Choice at a glance:
- Purchase ORCA cards and distribute to designated staff
- Load value on cards via online portal
- Change card values month to month as needed
- Employees can supplement value to meet their personal travel needs
- Option to provide employees with a subsidy or pre-tax benefit
- View the ORCA products list (PDF)
Easy to use
Online card and account management allows you to plan, budget, and manage your transportation benefits.
Great workplace benefit
Transportation benefits enhance your benefits package and improve employee job satisfaction.
ORCA Programs lower your employees’ solo commute trips, saving greenhouse emissions and reducing congestion.
Both you and your employees can take advantage of tax-free and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Works across transit systems
Unlock your employees’ commutes with a transportation benefit that works with every major transit agency in the Puget Sound Region:
Valid for full fare and unlimited rides on:
- Bus: Community Transit; Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit, Sound Transit, Pierce Transit
- Ferry: King County water taxi, Kitsap local and fast ferry
- Rail: Sound Transit Link light rail and Sound Transit Sounder (including Rail Plus partnership with Amtrak Cascades)
- Streetcar: Seattle Streetcar
- Access Transportation: Service on King County Metro and Kitsap Transit
Vanpool: 100% fare subsidy on Community Transit, King County Metro, Kitsap Transit and Pierce Transit vanpool vans.
Vanshare: 100% fare subsidy on Community Transit, King County Metro, Kitsap Transit and Pierce Transit vanshare vans.
Guaranteed Ride Home: Up to eight rides home per employee (For details see Attachment 6 Home Free Guarantee Program, or call 425-450-4555)
Washington State Ferries*
*WSF payment is not covered by ORCA passport and requires an additional purchase.
Big transit benefits for employees, lower cost for small businesses
Are you a small business or non-profit in King County with fewer than 100 employees? If yes, you can try the ORCA Business Passport program at a lower cost!
Choose to subsidize your employees' transit passes through ORCA Business Passport for the first time, and you may be eligible for a 50% discount on your contribution amount up to $10,000.
If you are a business renewing your ORCA Passport contract to enter your second year, you may be eligible for a 25% discount on your contribution up to $5,000.
This limited time offer is a great opportunity for you to provide a competitive benefit to your employees!
|Feature||Business Passport||Business Choice|
|Price Basis||Company location||Transit trip length|
|Cost||Bundled value||Equivalent to retail pricing|
|Administration||Contract renewal||Managed online|
|Number of Employees||5 or more||1 or more|
|Employee Participation||100% of benefits-eligible||Any % of employees|
|Employee Cost Sharing||Up to 50%||No restrictions|
|Employee Pre-Tax Option||Yes||Yes|
|Transit Options||Unlimited||Monthly Pass|
|Washington State Ferries||Not included—separate pass available||Monthly Pass|
|Vanpool||100% Subsidy||Metro Monthly Vanpool Pass|
|Vanshare||100% Subsidy||No subsidy|
|Home Free Guarantee||8 HFG rides per employee each year||Not included|
Find the right price
Which program is right for your company? Compare costs based on your business size and location.
Call 206-477-3700 between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM to talk to a real person today.