DART is fixed-route transit service operated in King County under contract with Hopelink, using smaller transit vehicles with the flexibility to perform a limited number of off-route deviations upon request.
In addition to operating fixed routing according to a regular schedule, DART vehicles can also go off route to pick up and drop off passengers within a defined service area. Fully accessible DART vehicles are smaller than regular Metro coaches, are wheelchair lift-equipped and have bicycle racks.
Everyone is welcome on DART service
DART Service Areas
Service hours and days vary from route to route. Select a route number below for more information.
- South Mercer Island, Mercer Island P&R: Route 204
- Duvall, Redmond: Route 224
- South Mercer Island, First Hill, Downtown Seattle: Route 630
- Burien Transit Center, Highline Medical Center, Gregory Heights: Route 631
- Alaska Junction, Seacrest Park: Route 773
- Mirror Lake, Federal Way: Route 901
- Twin Lakes, Federal Way: Route 903
- Fairwood, Valley Medical Center, Southcenter: 906
- Black Diamond, Maple Valley, Renton: Route 907
- Kent, East Hill: Route 914
- Auburn, Enumclaw: Route 915
- Auburn, Algona, Pacific: Route 917
- Redmond, Kingsgate: Route 930
With a few in-city exceptions, DART routes generally operate in suburban communities within King County that have a need for slightly more flexible service due to lower population density, greater distances and fewer public transportation options.
The fares are the same as those on Metro's regular bus service, including the acceptance of ORCA cards. See more about Fares & ORCA
You can request off-route trips on DART within the DART service area by calling the DART reservation office. You need to make your trip request at least two hours before you want to be picked up, and you can make your reservations for 30 days at a time, up to 30 days in advance.
Reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis during the following hours:
- Monday thru Friday: 5 AM – 11 PM
- Saturday: 7:30 AM – 9:30 PM
- Sunday/Holidays: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
For information about regular transit service and other transit options, visit the Travel Options page.