For vanpoolers and vansharers
These links provide useful information for Metro's Commuter Van drivers, bookkeepers, and riders.
- Watch our Vanpool Video - Your New Commute
- Monthly & ridership report (PDF)
- Monthly & ridership report (Excel)
- ORCA Business Passport use form (PDF)
- ORCA online payment information (PDF)
- Expense reimbursement (PDF)
- Expense reimbursement (Excel)
- 2019 working days calendar (PDF)
- 2019 working days calendar instructions (PDF)
- Reporting tips (PDF)
- Rideshare contact list…
King County Metro Vanpool program fare schedules
What's included your monthly fares?
Fuel, maintenance, insurance, 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance, Guaranteed Ride Home and toll-free roadways!
Questions? If you have fare-related questions, or need assistance calculating your fares, please have your van's bookkeeper contact your assigned Accounting Rideshare Service Rep. For recruiting questions or other support, contact King County's Commuter Van Program via email.
- Rideshare contact list…
- Volunteer driver/bookkeeper selection criteria (PDF)
- Emergency and collision procedures…
- Traffic collision report form (PDF)
- Maintenance garages…
- Vanpool Video (youtube link)
- Voyager Fleet Card policy/tips (PDF)
- Voyager Fleet Card vendors (PDF)
- Buy a retired commuter van - external site
- Commuter van use & "transit only" vs. "bus only", etc. (PDF)
- Flood preparedness bulletin
- Earthquake Preparedness & Response (PDF)
- Winter driving tips (PDF)
- Summer driving tips (PDF)
Connect with Rideshare
Local Calls: 206-625-4500
WA Relay: 711
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; WA Relay users, please dial 711 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).
Rideshare contact list
We appreciate your participation in our commuter van program! Please call us if you need assistance—our phones are staffed Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. For emergencies after hours, weekends or holidays, your call will be patched into our answering service.
Fender bender, damage or issue with your van? Call your maintenance representative.
Not sure who your Accounting Representative is? Please call anyone listed below for help or a referral.
Starter kit for vanpool and vanshare
TripPool volunteer driver toolkit
Community Van driver toolkit
Commuter Van Orientation
New drivers and bookkeepers in the King County Commuter Van Program are required to take online training and receive a completion letter to become approved drivers or bookkeepers in our program. To take this orientation, you must be authorized and have been contacted by a Rideshare Operations representative.
Are you authorized and ready to complete your commuter van orientation?
Need assistance? Send us an email
Vanpool Seat Finder
Enter complete home and work addresses below for the most accurate list results. Visit RideshareOnline.com to create and view custom trip lists with additional search filters, personal trip calendar, and available rewards.
Emergency and accident procedures
If you have an accident
- Protect the scene:
- Turn on hazard flashers
- Move the van out of traffic
- Make sure riders are in a safe location
- Set up reflectorized triangles from the kit in your van
- CALL 911 and report the accident (regardless of the severity).
- Call King County Metro Transit at 206-625-4500 and report the accident immediately.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s):
- Complete the back section of the Vanpool Accident packet envelope
- Obtain names, addresses and phone numbers
- Driver license numbers
- Vehicle license numbers
- Insurance information—You are insured through the King County Metro Transit Division (206-625-4500)
- If police are on the scene, obtain officer's name, badge number and jurisdiction.
- Ask all witnesses to complete the "Witness Courtesy Cards" in the accident packet and put them in the mail.
- Complete a Traffic Collision Report (inside accident packet) in the glove compartment for all accidents. Within 48 hours, email the report, fax to 206-684-2166 or send by regular mail using the postage paid envelope provided in the packet.
If you have a breakdown:
This information is for King County Metro VanPool drivers and their use.
Protect the scene where your van is disabled and call a Vanpool Service Representative; during regular business hours (8:00am-5:00pm), after hours call 206-625-4500 or 1-800-427-8249; the on-call staff member will be paged. You may call collect, but you must identify yourself as a vanpool driver for the call to be accepted. If you are calling from a telephone that does not accept return calls, please ask the answering service to patch you through to the on-call staff member. Be sure to have the following:
- Your vehicle HOV number, (for example HOV1234)
- Your exact location
- Your van's condition and/or suspected problem
- A phone number where you can be reached
For further information see Section 3 of your VanPool Program Manual.
If your van requires towing
Leave the van in a secured area, lock it, tell Metro and the towing company where you will leave the keys. Do not take the keys with you. Metro will have the van towed to the nearest dealership, assigned garage or Metro facility.
Below are contracted King County Metro commuter van maintenance and repair garages. Please check with your Maintenance Rideshare Services Representative (MRSR) at 206-625-4500 to confirm which garage your van is assigned to.
Note: These are contracted facilities for King County Metro's express purposes and use or listing of these facilities does not imply any type of recommendation.