Remote jury selection
Before the time and date of jury selection
This is the perfect time to make sure your equipment works and you know where to access a stable broadband Internet connection. Head over to our Video Hearing Resources webpage for tutorials.
Check your email regularly
The Court's bailiff will send you instructions on how to join the virtual proceeding including
- A link to the Zoom meeting
- A phone number
- The meeting ID
- A password that you will need to join
Do not share this information with anyone.
On the day: get ready
- Find a quiet place where no one will interrupt you and you have access to a stable Internet connection
- Pull up the email the bailiff sent you with meeting information.
On the day: join the meeting
- Join the meeting by finding the email and clicking on the link.
- Enter the requested information (name, meeting ID and/or password)
- You will be entered directly into the "waiting room" or will wait for the host to start the meeting. Please do not hang up.
- Upon entering the waiting room, enter your name as directed by the bailiff
During the meeting
After the host lets you in the meeting, turn on your video and make sure the lighting makes it easy for others to see you.
- Adjust your speaker volume as needed.
- Depending on the device you are using, you may see 10 or more people on your screen.
- The person talking is identifiable by a yellow outline around their box or when their video image becomes the main focus on the screen.
- The judge will make sure you can hear and talk, and will go over all the rules.
If you have internet, audio, or video issues during the jury selection process that disrupts the process, you will be excused and provided with a date and time to appear in-person.