- Adults charged with eligible property crimes and other drug-related felonies in King County can choose this alternative program.
- Program eligibility criteria are agreed upon by the KCDDC Executive Committee.
- Eligibility Criteria can be found here.
How to Transfer a Case into Drug Court
- Individuals whose cases have been filed mainstream may ask to have the case reviewed again by the Prosecuting Attorney.
- Your attorney can request to transfer your case into KCDDC by filling out the Transfer Request Form.
- The KCDDC Prosecutor and Paralegals can be reached by email at: PAODrugCourt@kingcounty.gov.
- The King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office can be reached at 206-296-9000.
Opting in to Drug Court
- Participants are able to try-out the program (including full access to resources) before making a decision about “opting in” or taking their case to the mainstream criminal legal system instead. At opt in, participants sign a Waiver and Agreement as a condition of joining.