Click or tap the 'Quick Exit' button to leave this page immediately.
If you're concerned your internet usage might be monitored you can call, chat, or text The National Domestic Violence Hotline, 24 hours everyday, 800-799-7233 or 800-787-3224 (TTY).
More about staying safe online:Internet usage can be monitored and is impossible to erase completely.
Clear your browser history (external link) after visiting this website.
Computers store information about the websites you visit. That means bills you pay and purchases you make are tracked, and messages or emails can be retrieved. You should always consider that a computer might be monitored when you use it and be careful with what you send others or post.
Safe computers can be found at your local library, Internet cafe, shelter, workplace, or computer technology center; avoid using shared computers when researching things like travel plans, housing options, legal issues, and safety plans. Using safe browsing practices (like using a VPN) can help prevent abusive partners from tracking your Internet history.
Required Documents for a Civil Protection Order
The documents below are required when filing for a domestic violence, antiharassment, stalking, vulnerable adult, or sexual assault civil protection order. Additional attachments are required in some situations.
- Petition for a Civil Protection Order
- Section 1: If the 4th box is checked for Vulnerable Adult, Attachment B: Notice to Vulnerable Adult must be attached.
- Section 4: If any of the children show as "child" in the "How related to Restrained Person" box, Attachment C: Child Custody must be attached.
- Section 4: If the 2nd box for minor children and 2nd or 3rd box are checked, Attachment D: Non-Parents Protecting Children (ICWA) must be filled out.
- Section 13-O: If the 'Surrender Weapons' box is checked, Temporary Order to Surrender Weapons must be attached. If weapon descriptions are known, also include Attachment E: Firearms Identification.
- Law Enforcement and Confidential Information Sheet (LECIF)
- Temporary Protection Order and Hearing Notice
- Case Information Cover Sheet (CICS)
- Declaration Form: Fill out only if the judicial officer requests it at the time of your temporary hearing.
Civil Protection Order Forms & Instructions
|Petition for Protection Order|
|Law Enforcement and Confidential Information Sheet (LECIF)|
|Temporary Protection Order and Hearing Notice|
|Case Information Cover Sheet (CICS)|
|Temporary Order to Surrender Weapons|
|Notice to Vulnerable Adult|
|Proof of Service|
|Declaration of Protected Person About Weapons Surrender|
|Notice of Hearing|
|Law Enforcement and Confidential Information - Restrained Person (LECIFR)|
|Instructions - Petition for Protection Order|
|Instructions - Temporary Protection Order and Hearing Notice|
|Instructions - Notice to Vulnerable Adult|
|Instructions for Process Server - Vulnerable Adult|
|For other forms not listed on this page, please visit the Washington State Courts website at https://www.courts.wa.gov/forms|