Maternity Support Services (MSS) and Infant Case Management (ICM)
- Maternity Support Services helps pregnant and post-pregnant individuals find health insurance, local doctors or midwives, and other community resources to support a healthy pregnancy.
- Infant Case Management provides support and referrals to medical, social, educational, and other resources in your community to help your baby and family thrive.
- Learn more about Maternity Support Services and Infant Case Management.
Maternity screening/pregnancy testing
Office visit with a nurse to verify pregnancy, determine medical risk and financial status, and refer to appropriate prenatal services, including to DSHS for medical coupons, health care provider for maternity care, appropriate site for maternity support services and WIC Supplemental Food Program.
Women, Infants and Children nutrition program (WIC)
The Women, Infants, and Children Nutrition Program (WIC) is a supplemental food program for people who are pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding, infants, and children up to age 5. WIC also provides health screening, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding/chestfeeding promotion and support, and help getting other services.
You may be eligible for WIC services if you:
- Live in Washington state, and
- Are pregnant, newly post-pregnant or breastfeeding/chestfeeding, or a child under five years of age, and
- Meet the income guidelines
- Have a medical or nutritional need