King County's Lock It Up program mission is to promote safety in our communities by increasing safe firearm storage.
Here you will find information on:
- Why it's important to store firearms safely
- Safe storage device options
- How to practice safe storage at home
- How to encourage others to store firearms safely
Did you know...
- About one in 5 adults in King County say a firearm is kept in or around their home?
- * About a third of firearm owners with kids and half of firearm owners without kids don't store their firearms locked up?
- In 2020, 177 King County residents died of firearm injuries, and in 2019 169 people were hospitalized with injuries from being shot?
- 857 incidents of stolen firearms were reported to King County law enforcement agencies in 2020?
- 38% of those reported thefts were from motor vehicles?
- 75% of firearms used in suicides of children were stored unlocked?
Storing guns locked up when they're not on you is the best way to prevent curious kids from getting hurt with firearms, youth and adults in crisis from using a family firearm for suicide, and firearms from being stolen and misused by others.
Spread the message. Display Lock It Up posters and brochures.
Firearm Locking Devices brochure (1.3 Mb)
- ለምን የጦር መሣሪያዎን መቆለፍ እንዳለብዎት (1.3 Mb)
- 为何你要锁好枪械? (1.3 Mb)
(简体中文 / Chinese, Simplified)
- 為何你要鎖好槍械? (1.3 Mb)
(中国传统的 / Chinese, Traditional)
- आपको अपने हथियार लॉक क््योों करने चाहिए (1.2 Mb)
(हिन्दी / Hindi)
- 총기를 잠가 보관해야 하는 이유 (1.3 Mb)
(한국어 / Korean)
- Unin E Aōrok Lock Bu Ko Aṃ (1.4 Mb)
(Kajin M̧ajeļ / Marshallese)
- Почему Необходимо Держать Огнестрельное Оружие Под Замком? (1.3 Mb)
(Русский / Russian)
- Waa Maxay Sababta aad u Xiraysid/Qufulaysid Hubkaaga? (1.3 Mb)
(af Soomaali / Somali)
- Por Qué Debería Mantener Bajo Llave Sus Armas de Fuego (1.3 Mb)
(Español / Spanish)
- መዕጸዊ ንብረታት ኣጽዋር (1.3 Mb)
(ትግርኛ / Tigrinya)
- Замикаючі пристрої для вогнепальної зброї (1.3 Mb)
(Українська / Ukrainian)
- Tại sao Quý vị Nên Khóa Súng của Mình (1.3 Mb)
(Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese)