Organics regional summits
To ensure King County benefits from an inclusive approach to regional organics planning, the Solid Waste Division is facilitating an ongoing regular stakeholder process to collaborate, coordinate and communicate on key actions and ideas to increase organics recycling. Materials from stakeholder meetings can be viewed from the links below.
King County first hosted two facilitated full-day summits during 2019. Over 50 regional stakeholders from King County, the cities, composters, waste haulers, landscapers, universities, regulators, nongovernmental organizations and Tribes, gathered to provide input on barriers, challenges and opportunities in organics recycling.
Together, summit participants drafted a vision statement to guide the work on compost and organic material management:
Organic material is prevented, reduced, recycled and ultimately reused locally, creating a self-sustaining regional organics system that minimizes waste, promotes healthier soils and protects the environment.
Meeting summaries and resources
Aug. 30, 2023
- 2023 Organics regional stakeholder meeting Youtube
- 2023 Organics regional stakeholder meeting presentation Download PDF 17 MB
- 2023 Organics regional stakeholder meeting agenda Download PDF 50 K
June 16, 2022
Nov. 9, 2020
Dec. 2, 2019
- 2019 Organics regional stakeholder meeting Download PDF 5 MB
- Organics regional summit #1 & #2 – summary of activities Download PDF 300 K
April 17, 2019
March 6, 2019
Stay in touch
Have questions about compost and compost application? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org contact the CompostWise program