Skip to main content

Foreclosure excess payment files - download disclaimer

Foreclosure excess payment files - download disclaimer

If we sell a parcel at a foreclosure auction for more than the amount owing, the previous record title owner can claim the surplus money. This is the party who held title on the day that we filed the Certificate of Delinquency. They have up to three years from the date of the sale to make their claim.

I am requesting copies of the Foreclosure Excess Payment files available through King County Treasury.

I understand that under Washington State law, RCW 63.29.350, it is unlawful for any person to receive or contract with any person for locating funds held by the county that are proceeds from a foreclosure for delinquent property taxes, in excess of five percent of the value thereof returned to such owner.

I understand that Washington State law, RCW 42.56.070(9), prohibits the use of lists of individuals for "commercial purposes."

I understand that the use for "commercial purposes" of said record may also violate the rights of the individual(s) named therein and may subject me to liability for such commercial use.

I understand that "commercial purposes" means that the person requesting the record intends that the list will be used for general business purposes, including but not limited to communicating with the individual(s) named in the record for the purpose of facilitating profit-expecting activity.

I acknowledge and agree to the prohibitions listed in RCW 42.56.070(9) against releasing and/or using lists of individuals for commercial purposes when I click "I Accept" button to access the records.

For more information

For "Foreclosure" related questions please call 206-263-2649 Monday through Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm or email