Skip to main content

For county agencies

For county agencies

The surplus program helps employees find new homes for surplus furniture and office equipment to use within their King County workplace.


Warehouse hours
Tuesday - Thursday
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Closed from noon to 1 p.m.
Closed Mondays and Fridays
Common items:
Desks, chairs, credenzas, file cabinets, bookcases, counter stools, and office supplies.

The surplus warehouse hours are Tuesday through Thursday (9 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., closed from noon - 1 p.m.). Please note you will be asked to show your employee ID card for entry. King County employees can obtain items for their worksite free of charge.

The warehouse is housed at 707 S. Orcas St., on the corner of S. Orcas St. and 7th Ave S., in Georgetown.

If you need items from the surplus warehouse for your worksite complete the Wishlist Form and send it to  

To send items, or request pickup transport service, to the surplus warehouse, fill out the Surplus Request Short Form and e-mail the completed form to If you have more than five different types of items use the Surplus Request Long Form. The address of the physical location of the items and signature are required.

The surplus program relies solely on King County agencies for surplus items and exists to save the county from buying new equipment and office furniture. We do not have the resources to repair broken or dismantled items. If an item is broken, not working, or it is missing parts, identify the condition on the Surplus Request Form so that we can dispose of it properly.

We do not accept the following items:

  • Batteries
  • Chemicals
  • Computer software and software manuals
  • Hazardous waste
  • Monochrome or broken computer monitors
  • Non-OSHA approved office/desk chairs
  • Paint
  • Panels and partitions


Although the surplus program can't accept the items listed above, some items may still be reusable or recyclable. Visit King County Solid Waste's internal recycling and waste prevention web page for recycling options and complete the Surplus Request Short Form or Surplus Request Long Form including the condition. 

If your agency is transferring items to another county agency complete the Transfer Form. After both agencies have completed the form send it to We will contact you about next steps. 

Contact us


TTY Relay 711