Skip to main content

City licenses

City licenses

Types of business licenses

If your business is located or operates within the city limits of any city within King County, contact that city to inquire whether a city business license is required.

For example, the City of Seattle requires a business license for all businesses who perform services or operate within the city limits of Seattle. Other specialty/regulatory licenses may also be required. For more information, or to request a license application, please contact the City of Seattle external link at 206-684-8484.

Contact information for King County cities

Telephone numbers and Web sites (subject to change) for King County cities are listed below.

City Phone External Web address
Algona 253-833-2897
Auburn 253-931-3039
Bellevue 425-452-6851
Black Diamond 360-886-2560
Bothell 425-486-3256
Burien 206-241-4647
Carnation 425-333-4192
Clyde Hill 425-453-7800
Covington 253-638-1110
Des Moines 206-878-4595
Duvall 425-788-1185
Enumclaw 360-805-0226
Federal Way 253-835-2527
Hunts Point 425-455-1834
Issaquah 425-837-3000
Kenmore 425-398-8900
Kent 253-856-5200
Kirkland 425-828-1264
Lake Forest Park 206-368-5440
Maple Valley 425-413-8800
Medina 425-454-9222
Mercer Island 206-236-3562
Newcastle 425-649-4444
Normandy Park 206-248-7603
North Bend 425-888-7812
Pacific 253-929-1100
Redmond 425-556-2193
Renton 425-430-6851
SeaTac 206-241-9100
Seattle 206-684-8484
Shoreline 206-801-2700
Skykomish 360-677-2388
Snoqualmie 425-888-1555
Tukwila 206-433-1800
Woodinville 425-489-2700
Yarrow Point 425-454-6994