Clerk of the Council
The King County Council Clerk accepts service of process against King County in person, by email to the Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the attention of the King County Council Clerk at 516 3rd Ave, Room 1200, Seattle, WA 98104 by first-class USPS mail, postage prepaid. For tracking purposes, you may want to consider using USPS “Priority Service,” which will allow you to track delivery.
Claims for damages, which are accepted by Risk Management, should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: King County Office of Risk Management Services, 201 South Jackson Street, Room 320, Seattle, WA 98104.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please call 206-477-1020.
Effective June 1, 2023, the Clerk of the King County Council will no longer receive service of summons and complaints on behalf of King County. Instead, service of summons and complaints must be delivered to King County’s Records and Licensing Services Division in one of two ways:
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered in person to the King County Customer Service Center at 201 South Jackson Street, Room 202, Seattle, Washington, 98104. The Customer Service Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Claims for damages should be mailed to the attention of the King County Office of Risk Management Services:
201 South Jackson Street, Room 320, Seattle, WA 98104; claims can also be delivered in person to the King County Customer Service Center in King Street Center (see address above).
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please call 206-477-1025 or 206-477-1020.
The Clerk of the Metropolitan King County Council is the official repository for all Council proceedings and legislation. We are responsible for the uniform and efficient flow of legislation, the thorough and accurate processing of records, and control over their location, identification and retrieval.
King County Council clerk’s office mission
To ensure adherence to legislative and legal processes and create and maintain accurate and required records to facilitate more effective government and provide consistent quality responsiveness to citizens.
Our responsibilities include:
- assisting the public, staff and county agencies on the status of legislation;
- preparing Council meeting agendas and proceedings;
- recording all meetings of the Council and Committee-of-the-Whole;
- advising the Council on rules and parliamentary procedures;
- handling the advertisement of legislation as required by law for the Council and the Hearing Examiner;
- directing the production and distribution of the King County Code and the Drafting Guide for ordinances and motions;
- reviewing all legislation, initiatives and referendums for proper form;
- assisting Executive and Council staff in drafting of legislation;
- maintaining a computer database of all legislation that is filed with the Council;
- accepting all summons against the county, appeals of the Hearing Examiner and petitions for incorporation;
- accepting all franchise applications and petitions for road vacations, road improvement districts and no-shooting zones;
- preparing historical records on all adopted legislation by maintaining permanent files, logs and index catalogs;
- tracking and documenting all legislation that is lapsed or reintroduced;
- assisting in the preparation of the annual property tax ordinance;
- ensuring all original files are complete and archived; and
- preparing quarterly voting reports.
For information regarding legislation, votes or public disclosure requests, please call (206) 477-1020 or email email@example.com
Melani Pedroza, Clerk of the Council
King County Courthouse
516 Third Avenue, Room 1200
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 296-1024 TDD
Contact the Council
| Main phone:
|Contact all 9 Councilmembers directly: