About the legislative archive
The Council determines county policy. Under the County Charter, the Council exercises legislative authority by adopting the following:
- Ordinances, which have the force of law
- Motions, which make policy declarations but lack the force of law
How to search for legislation
All ordinances and motions receive an enacted number when adopted. You can find legislation in several different ways:
- Scroll through the results on this page.
- Use your web browser's search function: Windows: Control + f, Apple: Command + f. Enter the legislation number.
- Select the browser menu, which usually looks like three dots or three stacked lines. On the menu, select "Find" or "Find in Page." Enter the legislation number.