Behavioral Health Legislative Forum
Behavioral Health and Recovery Division
King County Behavioral Health and Recovery Division (BHRD) is excited to host the virtual 2021 Behavioral Health Legislative Forum.
Join us online on Tuesday December 7th, 2021, from 5:30 - 8:00pm.
We can't wait to join our partners, provider agencies, legislators, advocates and community members. More information and registration coming soon.
For More Information
Contact Amanda Flatley
Legislative Forum Coordinator
Behavioral Health Legislative Priorities
1. Protect Medicaid behavioral health rates & support value-based payment mechanisms.
2. Protect access to community-based crisis services.
3. Fully and effectively fund Phase 2 ($19.8M) of the Trueblood Settlement Agreement.
4. Require operation of new community-based treatment beds prior to closing more Western State Hospital (WSH) civil wards of a similar scale.
5. Strengthen and grow the vital behavioral health workforce.
1.Support and defend access to health care including behavioral health treatment and Medicaid.
2. Promote coordinated care and safety by aligning substance use disorder confidentiality rules with HIPAA.
3. Repeal the Institutions for Mental Disease (IMD) exclusion.
King County Behavioral Health Legislative Forum 2019
Visit our Flickr Gallery
Recapping the 2019 Forum Numbers:
- An estimated 650 community members
22 state legislators and 3 county councilmembers
1 state legislator, and 2 members of congress were represented by staff
28 total federal/state/county legislative offices represented
At least 230 community members participated in conversations with their representatives
- 57 community organization co-sponsors