Skip to main content

Additional Links and Resources

Additional Links and Resources

Behavioral Health and Recovery Division

Substance Use Disorders

King County and the State of Washington are committed to ensuring access to services for persons who are non-English speaking residents.

The State Division of Alcohol and Substance Abuse (DASA) pays for interpreter services for clients participating in DASA-funded treatment services provided on-site at a DASA certified treatment facility. State DASA also pays for interpreter services for people who attend DASA-funded or sponsored events, such as  statewide conferences and public meetings. If you are in need of Interpreter Services, agency personnel will secure these services for you at no cost.

Translation services are available for mental health services

All agencies offer language translation services. Language translation services also include services for deaf and hard of hearing clients. Services are available upon request at no charge to you. If you need an interpreter, please ask your agency to provide one for you.

If you would like to contact King County Mental Health by phone and you need interpretation services, call the CTS Language Link (Merino Interpretation) toll free at 1-800-208-2620 or call the 24-hour hotline at 1-800-798-5144. The agency will call us with you on the line and provide interpreter services at no cost to you.

Mental Health Links

  • Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
    General information on variety of subjects for all ages
  • Child and Adolescent Mental Health
    National Institute of Mental Health
  • Facts on Children's Mental Health in America 
    National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) fact sheets
  • National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) 
    NASMHPD advocates for the collective interests of state mental health authorities and their directors at the national level. NASMHPD analyzes trends in the delivery and financing of mental health services. It also disseminates knowledge on the integration of public mental health programming in today's fast-evolving healthcare environments.
  • Reasonable Accommodations: Handling Your Psychiatric Disability at Work or School
    A resource to help employers, teachers, employees and students address work and school issues, reasonable accommodations, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This website contains information related to laws, disclosure, and situations related to having a mental illness in the workplace or school setting. Provided by the Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation at Boston University, Boston, MA.
  • National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) 
    NAMI's efforts focus on support for persons with serious brain disorders and for their families; advocacy for nondiscriminatory and equitable federal, state, and private-sector policies; research into the causes, symptoms and treatments for brain disorders; and education to eliminate the pervasive stigma surrounding severe mental illness.
  • NAMI Washington 
    Families Affected by Mental Illnesses: Supporting, Educating and Advocating 
    Washington State affiliate of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
  • NAMI Eastside
    Local chapter of NAMI, a grass-roots self-help organization for individuals with neurobiological psychiatric disorders, their families and friends, and other caring people
  • NAMI Greater Seattle
    Local chapter of NAMI, a grass-roots self-help organization for individuals with neurobiological psychiatric disorders, their families and friends, and other caring people
  • NAMI South King County Home Page 
    NAMI South King County is a grass-roots self-help organization for individuals with neurobiological psychiatric disorders, their families and friends, and other caring people.
  • National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) 
    The latest information from NIMH about the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of various mental illnesses. Included are brochures and information sheets, reports, press releases, fact sheets, and other educational materials.

Alcohol & Drugs 

General Resources & Public Agencies 

King County Integrated Care Network

The King County Integrated Care Network (KCICN) is a first-of-its-kind partnership between King County Behavioral Health and Recovery Division (BHRD) and community-based agencies that provide access to behavioral health services for King County residents who are eligible for Medicaid and have significant behavioral health conditions.

Learn more about how the KCICN improves access to behavioral health care for residents furthest from care in this handout: About KCICN

Faces and Voices of Recovery

Faces and Voices of Recovery is an organization committed to changing public perceptions of recovery, promoting effective public policy, and demonstrating that recovery is working for millions of people.

Use this link for more information:

Join Together

Join Together is a leading provider of information to advance effective alcohol and drug policy, prevention and treatment.

Use this link for more information:

National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month

An annual event each September promotes the message that recovery from alcoholism and drug addiction is possible and treatment works.

It brings together people in recovery as well as family and others who support those in recovery through local community events for throughout the month. See this link for more information including local events planning:

What to do if you are not eligible

If you do not qualify for King County Mental Health Services, the most effective way to find low cost mental health providers in your area is by calling the Crisis Clinic at 206-461-3222. Because low cost services vary based on your location, the Crisis Clinic will ask for your zip code to refer you to the closest low cost mental health services in your area.

Many of our agencies offer a sliding scale or reduced fees for privately paid mental health services. Not all agencies offer privately paid services and availability is based on whether the agency has the capacity to offer privately paid services at the time of the call.

Community Health Centers also provide low cost mental health services and can be accessed through the Crisis Clinic.

The King County Childrens Crisis Outreach Response System (CCORS) provides comprehensive crisis services to children, youth and families in King County who are not already enrolled in the publicly funded King County mental health plan system.

If you do not qualify for King County Mental Health Services and need help, contact the Crisis Clinic (external) or call them at 206-461-3222.

With client consent, King County Behavioral Health and Recovery Division shares relevant client information with additional organizations when necessary for the purpose of care coordination. These organizations are listed below:

Behavioral Health Agencies:

Search for a Behavioral Health Agency that best meets your needs.

Healthcare agencies:

CHI Franciscan
Country Doctor
Harborview Medical Center
International Community Health Services
Kaiser Permanente
Neighborcare Health
Northwest Hospital
Overlake Hospital Medical Center
Pacific Medical Center
Public Health Seattle & King County
Sea Mar Community Care Center
Seattle Children’s
Seattle Indian Health Board
Swedish Hospital and Medical Center
University of Washington Medical Center
Valley Medical Center
Virginia Mason Medical Center

Homelessness Services Providers:

Housing and Homelessness Service Providers

These are links to some of the state and federal laws governing the provision of substance abuse treatment. If additional information is needed, use the Search function at each link.

Revised Code of Washington (RCW)

Web Link -

RCW 18.19 - Counselors

RCW 18.205 – Chemical Dependency Professionals

RCW 18.130 – Regulation of Health Professions – Uniform Disciplinary Act

RCW 26.44 – Abuse of Children

RCW 42 – Conflict of Interest

RCW 43 – As it Relates to Background Checks Required

RCW 46.61 – Reckless Driving, Driving under the Influence, Vehicular Homicide and Assault

RCW 69.50 – Uniform Controlled Substances Act

RCW 70.96A – Chemical Dependency Treatment

RCW 70.96A.140 – Involuntary Commitment Process

RCW 71A – As it Relates to Background Checks Required

RCW 74.34 – Abuse of Vulnerable Adults

RCW 74.50 - ADATSA

Washington Administrative Code (WAC)

Web Link –

WAC 246-326 – Residential Treatment Facilities

WAC 388-800 – Chemical Dependency Assistance Programs (ADATSA)

WAC 388-805 – Certification Requirements for Chemical Dependency Service Providers

WAC 388-810 – Administration of County Chemical Dependency Prevention, Treatment, and Support Programs

WAC 246-811 – Chemical Dependency Professionals

WAC 246-887 – Pharmacy-Regulations Implementing the Uniform Controlled Substances Act

Federal Regulations

Web Link –

Once at the web page check the box that corresponds to the citation you want then return to the top of the page and click on search.

42 CFR, Part 2 – Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records

45 CFR 96 – Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant

45 CFR Parts 160 & 164 – Health insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996

42 CFR, Part 8 – Certification of Opioid Treatment Programs

Agencies can help you find transportation, not only to mental health appointments, but also to other medical and community based appointments. Service providers can help connect you to agencies like Hopelink and Metro Transit Access vans. They can also help you learn how to use public transportation. Ask your case managers or clinician about options that are available for your specific situation.

Contact Us

Phone 206-263-9000

TTY Relay: 711

Fax: 206-296-0583