Coal Creek sewer upgrade
How King County works with the community
King County works with the community to provide project information and identify potential impacts. Stay informed, stay involved as we share information through:
- Individual meetings with community groups, organizations and leaders
- Briefings to local community groups, agencies and jurisdictions
- Community meetings
- Project newsletters and fliers
- Project Web page
- News releases
Attend a remote meeting from 5:30-7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 14. Register for the meeting at this link .
During the meeting participants can expect:
- Live captioning and an American Sign Language interpretation.
- Materials posted online in advance of the meeting to help people get familiar with the project and our ideas.
- A brief presentation about the project and the accessibility improvements we have identified.
- An hour is set aside for audience questions, suggestions, and feedback.
- Recordings of the meeting will be posted on our project website following the meeting.
Visit an online open house at any time, and as often as you like. The open house launched on July 7 and extends until August 7, 2021. You will be able to include comments in a survey, and you are welcome to email/call us (see below for contact information). Additional ways to be informed:
- Invite us to meet with your group or organization.
- Call or email us to talk one on one.
- Contact us for hard copies of materials and information
- Online meeting (Accessibility at the Red Cedar Trailhead) , July 14, 2021
- Presentation for July 14 remote community meeting
Join the Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project team to learn about a clean water project.
Lewis Creek Visitor Center
May 29, 2019
Please take a survey to tell us about you, how you use Coal Creek Parkway and the Natural Area, and how we can keep you up to date and involved in this project.
Visit our online open house and give input as many times as you wish from now until June 15. If you need help navigating the open house, or have questions, concerns, or comments, contact Monica Van der Vieren at email@example.com.
People of all abilities are welcome at this event! Please let us know how we can welcome you!
Contact Monica Van der Vieren at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-477-5502.
Online meetings and media
In October 2020, King County Wastewater Treatment Division launched an online open house to provide opportunity for people to learn about the project during final design.
Handouts/presentations and additional information:
King County Wastewater Treatment Division (WTD) hosted an online meeting series about the Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project on June 17 and 23, 2020. Please see the meeting materials and recordings below.
Meeting #1: Building the new North Coal Creek Sewer Trunk, trailhead restoration, and temporary bank stabilization
June 17, 2020 | 6:00-7:30 p.m.
American Sign Language version
Meeting #2: Protecting and restoring the Coal Creek Natural Area
June 23, 2020 | 6:00-7:30 p.m.
American Sign Language version
Accessibility for remote meetings
On July 26, 2020 our nation celebrated the 30th anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act into law. Learn what King County is doing to provide equal access to employment, transportation, housing, education, health care, recreation, and community life.
WTD’s Coal Creek team will celebrate #ADA30 with some help for everyone in a challenging time, when virtual meetings help us to connect safely with others. Watch the video below to see how you can make video calls and remote meetings more accessible for everyone in your workplace, community, and organization!
Our commitment to you
Whether you live, work, recreate or commute in the area, we know you’ll have questions and concerns about this project. King County is committed to keeping you up-to-date. Before COVID-19 precautions, we would have been hosting on-site events to talk to you one-on-one about the project. We can't be there with you, but we are here for you.
If you are interested in scheduling an individual meeting or briefing for your community organization, please contact Monica Van der Vieren at email@example.com or 206-477-5502.
Contact Monica Van der Vieren at:
If you’d like to receive email or text updates on the Coal Creek sewer upgrade project: