Under $10,000 (Direct Buy)
Within a calendar year, each cost center may buy less than $10,000 (excluding tax and including freight) of similar goods & services with the same supplier without a contract or comparing quotes.The federal spending micro purchase threshold of $10,000 matches King County’s direct buy threshold per the National Defense Authorization Act of 2018 and 2 CFR 200.67.
Follow the 6 Steps to Success to ensure your purchases meet King County's goals.
- Can you avoid the purchase?
- Can you repurpose what you have?
- Can you get it secondhand from Surplus?
See what's available at the Surplus warehouse (707 S. Orcas St) or add items to your wish list; they'll notify you if it comes in. Email email@example.com
- Check for Awarded Contracts (even if it costs less than $10,000). We’ve already negotiated a great deal!
- made with recycled content
- reusable or durable
- low: toxicity, VOCs, energy, or water
For purchases under $10,000, you may use your discretion to support small businesses... even if they're not the lowest price. Search King County's Small Contractors & Suppliers (SCS) directory.