For indoor activities and large outdoor events
Beginning October 25, people ages 12 and older will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result to enter certain indoor and outdoor events and establishments in King County.
This requirement will help to protect customers and workers, protect our health care system (read a statement of support from the healthcare community), and prevent business closures as the Delta variant continues to spread in King County. You can read this Public Health Insider blog post for more information, and view the Local Health Order.
Locations requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
Restaurants and Bars
Includes indoor dining. This does not apply to outdoor dining, take-out customers, and places that aren't primarily used as indoor dining locations, such as grocery stores. The order gives the option for a longer preparation period for smaller restaurants and bars with a seating capacity of 12 or less, with an implementation date of December 6.
Indoor recreational events or establishments
Such as professional and collegiate sports, performing arts and live music venues, movie theaters, gyms, conferences, and conventions
Outdoor events with 500 people or more
Such as professional and collegiate sports and entertainment events.
What can be used as proof of vaccination?
- A CDC vaccine card or photo of vaccine card.
- Documented proof of vaccination from medical record or vaccine provider.
- Proof of vaccination from another state or county.
- Printed certificate or digital record from MyIRMobile.com or other apps.
You do not need to show identification with proof of vaccination.
Options for people who are unvaccinated or unable to prove vaccine status
People who are unvaccinated or cannot prove vaccination status will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test from a testing provider in the last 72 hours.
For COVID-19 testing locations and resources, visit kingcounty.gov/covid/sites.
Establishments will be responsible for checking vaccination proof or negative test status. Public Health will be working with partners to provide technical support and educational materials to businesses and organizations implementing the order.
What is MyIR Mobile?
MyIR Mobile is an internet-based service that gives people access to their official Washington state vaccination records. You can set up an account at www.MyIRMobile.com.
MyIR Mobile is currently available in English only. For language assistance, or additional help getting your records, call the Washington State Vaccine Helpline at 833-829-4357 or email email@example.com.
Equitable implementation and reasonable accommodation
Employers, their employees, and volunteers, must implement this Order equitably and may not discriminate based on an individual's race, national origin, religion, or age. Businesses and venues should provide reasonable accommodation for those who are unable to provide proof of vaccination due to a disability.
King County and Public Health developed the vaccine verification policy in consultation with Public Health's Pandemic and Racism Community Advisory Group, cities, small businesses, chambers of commerce, labor unions, trade associations, sports teams, venues, community groups, faith-based leaders throughout the county to create a policy that aims to be workable, fair, and equitable for businesses and residents.
Infographic detailing the Local Health Officer Order on vaccine verification:
- King County Local Health Officer Order
- የኪንግ ካውንቲ የአካባቢው የጤና መኮንን ትዕዛዝ (አማርኛ – Amharic)
- امر مسؤول الصحة المحلي في مقاطعة كينك King County (العربية – Arabic)
- 金县地方卫生官员指令 (简体字 – Chinese, Sim.)
- 金縣地方衛生官員指令 (繁體字 – Chinese, Trad.)
- دستورالعمل صحی محلی مربوط به کنگ کاونتی (دری – Dari)
- Order de l'officier de santé local du King County (Français – French)
- 킹 카운티 지역 보건 책임자 명령 (한국어 – Korean)
- Kakien jen Obija in Ejmour eo an Jukjukinbed eo an King County (Kajin M̧ajeļ – Marshallese)
- Qajeelfama qondaala fayyaa naannoo Kiing Kaawuntii (Afaan Oromoo – Oromo)
- Постановление Главного санитарного врача округа Кинг (Русский – Russian)
- Amarka Sargaalka Caafimaadka Maxaliga ee Deegaanka King (af Soomaali – Somali)
- Orden del funcionario de salud del condado de King (Español – Spanish)
- Agizo la Afisa wa Afya wa Mtaa wa Kaunti ya King (Kiswahili – Swahili)
- Utos ng Lokal na Opisyal ng Kalusugan ng King County (Filipino – Tagalog)
- ትእዛዝ ናይ ኪንግ ካውንቲ ዞባዊ በዓል መዚ (ትግርኛ – Tigrinya)
- Наказ місцевого чиновника охорони здоров'я округу Кінг (Українська – Ukrainian)
- Chỉ Thị Của Nhân Viên Y Tế Địa Phương Quận King (Tiếng Việt – Vietnamese)
Summary of the Local Health Order on vaccine verification:
- Vaccine verification summary
- የክትባት ማረጋገጫ (አማርኛ – Amharic)
- التحقق من أخذ اللقاح (العربية – Arabic)
- 金县本地卫生官指令：疫苗接种证明 (简体字 – Chinese, Sim.)
- 金縣本地衛生官指令：疫苗接種證明 (繁體字 – Chinese, Trad.)
- چگونگی تصدیق دریافت واک س ی ن (دری – Dari)
- Vérification du vaccin (Français – French)
- ការបញ្ជាក់ថាបានចាក់វ៉ាក់សាំង (ភាសាខ្មែរ – Khmer)
- 백신 접종 확인 (한국어 – Korean)
- Kakien jen obija in ejmour eo an jukjukinbed eo an king county kein kamool wa (Kajin M̧ajeļ – Marshallese)
- Подтверждение вакцинации (Русский – Russian)
- Faamaoniga o tui puipui (Gagana fa'a Sāmoa – Samoan)
- Xaqiijinta tallaalka (af Soomaali – Somali)
- Verificación de vacunación (Español – Spanish)
- Uthibitisho wa chanjo (Kiswahili – Swahili)
- Pagpapat unay sa bakuna (Filipino – Tagalog)
- Перевірка статусу вакцинації (Українська – Ukrainian)
- Xác minh tình trạng tiêm chủng (Tiếng Việt – Vietnamese)
Link/share our site at kingcounty.gov/verify