Verification of Employment
For current or former King County employees
King County partners with The Work Number, an Income and Employment Verification service, to meet all verification of employment needs. This ensures speedy, secure, auditable, and legally compliant responses that protect the personal information of our employees and meet the needs of verifiers more quickly.
In order to use the service, users will need to register as either a commercial entity, government entity, or employee. There are self-service features available free for employees, but The Work Number charges a standard fee for verification requested by other entities (i.e. banks, mortgage companies, financial institutions, prospective employers, landlords, etc.).
Verifiers may also need:
- To register for a verifier account at www.theworknumber.com
- The King County company code, which is 33081, and
- Employee authorization via signature or Salary Key.
Visit https://theworknumber.com/ or click above to get started.
Self-print a Verification of Employment and/or Income
View reports on their requestors
Print immigration letters
Manage their “Salary Key”
- Receive dates of employment
- Receive verification of income
- Receive up to two years of salary history