Skip to main content
King County logo

Your rights and responsibilities

You may be eligible for short-term disability through your collective bargaining unit if you are a Corrections Officer or Sergeant and you have a medical condition or injury that was not caused by your employment at King County.

Short-term disability is not administered by King County. To access Short-Term Disability benefits, contact the provider, The Hartford at 1-800-289-9140 or apply on line at Please have your policy number and your social security number handy when calling. (Policy #675942 for Correction Officers and Sergeants. There is a 7-calendar day waiting period, during which you can use sick leave, or when exhausted, use other types of paid leave. NOTE: To access your King-County-provided short-term disability benefits, you must apply separately from FMLA/KCFML.