Skip to main content
King County logo

If you live or do business in King County and outside city limits, King County is your local government.

The county maintains county roads and bridges, issues permits, manages land use planning, and provides many other services to unincorporated areas—which are grouped into seven Community Service Areas. King County Local Services is here to help connect you with these services. Our goal is to make it easy for you to find what you need, do what you need to do, and tell us what you think.

Unincorporated parts of the county are divided into seven Community Service Areas so county agencies can better serve each community. Learn more
King County’s program to assist businesses in unincorporated areas.
Learn more
A customized transportation option offering group trips for community residents in Skyway and on Vashon Island.
Learn more
People told us what they want in their communities. Now help us prioritize those things. Visit our outreach site to tell us what you think!
Help decide what projects to fund in five urban unincorporated areas.
Learn more and submit ideas
Helping clean up communities by offering dignified employment to people experiencing homelessness and poverty.
Learn more

Here are two ways to find out.

  1. Find or enter your address on this map. The green layer shows unincorporated King County.
  2. Enter your address in King County’s Parcel Viewer and see what’s listed as the jurisdiction.

Contact us

Relay 711

201 S Jackson Street
Seattle, WA 98104

John Taylor portrait

John Taylor

Email newsletter

Unincorporated Area Community News

Subscribe   Issue archive