What is the purpose of rezone?
A rezone, or zone reclassification, allows the reclassification of the parcel zoning as delineated on zoning maps and adopted by King County ordinance. Zoning on the parcel governs the permitted uses and development standards for properties in unincorporated King County. A rezone is also used to process p-suffix amendments, which are changes to site-specific conditions adopted by King County Council.
How much will it cost?
See the current fee schedule for an estimate.
How do I submit my application?
A pre-application meeting is mandatory prior to filing an application for a rezone. For more information, refer to the individual application forms in the packets above. See information on pre-applications.
Notes / Comments
For more information:
- See zone designations in Section 21A.04.010* of the King County Code (KCC)
- See property specific standards in KCC Chapter 21A.38.030*
- See required findings for re-zoning in KCC 21A.44.060* and 20.22.150*
- Read the King County Comprehensive Plan.
The Department of Local Services - Permitting Division. For questions, please contact customer service at 206-296-6600 or email DPERWebinquiries@kingcounty.gov.
Schedule a land use inspection
- Schedule a land use inspection or if you have questions, call 206-296-6600
Keep final plans and permits displayed on-site!
Approved building and land use permits must be displayed prominently on construction and development sites.
Maintaining these records on-site is the responsibility of the applicant and/or contractor.
Tools and Resources