Report to Sheriff
Welcome to the King County Sheriff's Office Online Reporting System. You will be able to report your incident without waiting and be able to print a copy of the approved report.
To use this online reporting system, each of the following statements must be true:
- This is not an emergency (If it is, call 9-1-1 immediately).
- This is not an in-progress crime.
- This incident occurred within unincorporated King County or within one of our contract cities listed at the bottom of this page.
- This did not occur on Sound Transit or Metro bus or at a Park & Ride.
- This did not occur on a state freeway.
- You are not reporting a lost or stolen firearm.
- You are the victim of the crime.
- There are no known suspects.
- There was no evidence left behind.
- You have a valid e-mail address.
If you answered no to any of the above, look at our Frequently Asked Questions section or dial our non-emergency line at (206) 296-3311 so we can help you with your report.
If all the above are true, you are ready to file your report online. Turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing your report.
When filling out an online report, fields with a red asterisk * are mandatory.
Replies and report copies will be sent to the e-mail address that you provide.
Upon completion of the process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted."
- Be given a temporary report number (this is not your permanent case number).
- Receive an e-mail within five days after your report is approved providing you with a permanent case number. A copy of your report will be attached to the e-mail.
- All online reports will be reviewed before they are approved.
- You will be notified by email if your report does not meet the online reporting criteria.
- You may be contacted if further investigation of your case is needed.
*** If you are the victim of a fraudulent Washington State unemployment claim, select Identity Theft below. ***
Our incident types for online reporting are listed below. Tips and examples of types of reports to file are here.
If you are adding information to a burglary report you have already filed with an officer, select "Burglary Follow-Up."
Do not report Graffiti online if it appears to be gang-related. Call us at (206) 296-3311 to report it.
Links below will open up new browser windows. Those links in BOLD will take you to a page specific to that topic.
Nuisance Phone Calls (No Threats)
Theft of Vehicle Parts or Accessories
Click here if you are unsure of which report to file (those links not in bold)
** For SeaTac Airport-related reports,
contact the Port of Seattle police.
Links to Alternative Languages:
Cambodian/Khmer * -
Chinese * -
Подача заявления онлайн
Denuncias en Línea
Trình Báo Trên Mạng