Community Van is a new rideshare pilot program brought to you by King County and participating communities to provide a new way to share the ride. This is the latest in a series of unique Community Connections Metro is piloting in communities throughout King County. These services are designated to provide residents with customized options for getting around when bus service can’t meet their needs.
Get involved in your Community Van
Here are ways you can get involved
- Volunteer to drive
- Participate in a shared ride—contact your coordinator
- Reach out to your coordinator and suggest a community trip
- Community Transportation Coordinators (CTC) help plan Community Van trips and support other local transportation needs.
Duvall Community Van
Bothell/Woodinville Community Van
- Email Kristi Dreessen or call 425-352-5129
- Find out more about UW Bothell/Woodinville Community Van (external link)
Vashon Community Van
- Email Janet Welt or call 206-773-7003
- Find out more from the Vashon Island Chamber of Commerce (external link)
Kenmore-North Kirkland Community Van - Coming Soon!
- Email Armaghan Baghoori or call 425-587-3924
Shoreline-Lake Forest Park - Coming Soon!
- Email Bree Boyce or call 425-943-6721
Visit Community Connections for additional information and other pilots.
We are recruiting volunteer drivers
Support your neighbors, your community and help the environment by becoming a Community Van volunteer driver. You can choose which trips you drive and how many times you drive a week.
Become an approved Community Van volunteer driver
- Download and complete the Community Van Driver Application (PDF)
- Email the completed application
- If you have questions, email us or call us at 206-625-4500.
Start driving for your community
After receiving and reviewing your application, Metro and your Community Transportation Coordinator will contact you to help you get started and on the road sharing community trips.
Help your neighbors and community by volunteering to drive for this community driven program.
Request information or call 206-625-4500
Community Van Info Request Form
Connect with Rideshare
Local Calls: 206-625-4500
Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
WA Relay: 711
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; WA Relay users, please dial 711 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).
Rideshare contact list
We appreciate your participation in our commuter van program! Please call us if you need assistance—our phones are staffed Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. For emergencies after hours, weekends or holidays, your call will be patched into our answering service.
Fender bender, damage or issue with your van? Call your maintenance representative.
Not sure who your Accounting Representative is? Please call anyone listed below for help or a referral.
Starter kit for vanpool and vanshare
TripPool volunteer driver toolkit
Community Van driver toolkit
Commuter Van Orientation
New drivers and bookkeepers in the King County Commuter Van Program are required to take online training and receive a completion letter to become approved drivers or bookkeepers in our program. To take this orientation, you must be authorized and have been contacted by a Rideshare Operations representative.
Are you authorized and ready to complete your commuter van orientation?
Need assistance? Send us an email
Vanpool seat finder
Please visit www.RideshareOnline.com where you can create a free custom listing searching for matches on your trip.
We apologize but this seat finder is currently unavailable while undergoing maintenance.
Emergency and accident procedures
If you have an accident
- Protect the scene:
- Turn on hazard flashers
- Move the van out of traffic
- Make sure riders are in a safe location
- Set up reflectorized triangles from the kit in your van
- CALL 911 and report the accident (regardless of the severity).
- Call King County Metro Transit at 206-625-4500 and report the accident immediately.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s):
- Complete the back section of the Vanpool Accident packet envelope
- Obtain names, addresses and phone numbers
- Driver license numbers
- Vehicle license numbers
- Insurance information—You are insured through the King County Metro Transit Division (206-625-4500)
- If police are on the scene, obtain officer's name, badge number and jurisdiction.
- Ask all witnesses to complete the "Witness Courtesy Cards" in the accident packet and put them in the mail.
- Complete a Traffic Collision Report (inside accident packet) in the glove compartment for all accidents. Within 48 hours, email the report, fax to 206-684-2166 or send by regular mail using the postage paid envelope provided in the packet.
If you have a breakdown:
This information is for King County Metro VanPool drivers and their use.
Protect the scene where your van is disabled and call a Vanpool Service Representative; during regular business hours (8:00am-5:00pm), after hours call 206-625-4500 or 1-800-427-8249; the on-call staff member will be paged. You may call collect, but you must identify yourself as a vanpool driver for the call to be accepted. If you are calling from a telephone that does not accept return calls, please ask the answering service to patch you through to the on-call staff member. Be sure to have the following:
- Your vehicle HOV number, (for example HOV1234)
- Your exact location
- Your van's condition and/or suspected problem
- A phone number where you can be reached
For further information see Section 3 of your VanPool Program Manual.
If your van requires towing
Leave the van in a secured area, lock it, tell Metro and the towing company where you will leave the keys. Do not take the keys with you. Metro will have the van towed to the nearest dealership, assigned garage or Metro facility.
Below are contracted King County Metro commuter van maintenance and repair garages. Please check with your Maintenance Rideshare Services Representative (MRSR) at 206-625-4500 to confirm which garage your van is assigned to.
Note: These are contracted facilities for King County Metro's express purposes and use or listing of these facilities does not imply any type of recommendation.