The application round for 2025 funding will open on November 6, 2023. Applications are due February 12, 2024.
CFT grants are used to buy or conserve sites that will be used as parks and open spaces. Types of open spaces that we can fund include urban greenspaces, natural areas, sites for habitat and stream restoration, forests, community gardens, farms, and trails. These open spaces may be used for passive recreation. We may be able to partner on green stormwater acquisitions or create parks near affordable housing. CFT funding is provided to governmental agencies and eligible nature conservancy or historic preservation nonprofits. Community groups or individuals can partner on projects with local agencies and eligible nonprofits.
In communities that have been under-served with open space investments, CFT funding may be able to cover 100% of the acquisition costs for some projects. Please visit the match waiver page for details.
- CFT Application Guidance
- Projects Applying for Acquisition and Site Stabilization Cost Funding: download both of the following documents
- Projects Applying for Site Stabilization Cost (SSC) Funding Only: download both of the following documents
- CFT application for 2025 funding – site stabilization costs (SSC) only (Microsoft Word)
- CFT funding request table – site stabilization costs (SSC) only (Microsoft Excel)
- Conservation Futures Program manual
- Application evaluation criteria and general conditions
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Match waiver information
- View examples of recent applications
- Conservation Futures flyer
General project support
Please email Ingrid Lundin to discuss your project - highly recommended for first-time applicants; nonprofits; match waiver requests; land match projects; projects with areas not eligible for CFT.
Attend a Conservation Futures Application Workshop to learn how Conservation Futures funding can help buy parks and open spaces for your community. Workshops are held on Zoom and advanced registration is required. The same material is covered in each workshop. Get the workshop handout.
- Workshop #1: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 (1-3 pm) Register
- Workshop #2: Thursday, December 7, 2023 (6-8 pm) Register
- Workshop #3: Thursday, January 11, 2024 (1-3 pm) Register
If you can’t join one of these sessions, you can view a recording of an applicant workshop:
- Workshop recording (English language captions) (see workshop handout)
- Workshop recording (subtítulos en Español) (folleto en Español)
We are pleased to have consultants providing grant-writing technical assistance to applicants. Our consultants can support applicants in the grant writing process. To request help please email Ingrid Lundin with requests for grant-writing technical assistance. To manage workload, please try to reach out early, and no later than January 12.
Email Ingrid Lundin with requests for interpretation and translation.