AEM is for individuals who have a qualifying medical emergency and do not qualify for any other Apple Health program due to citizenship/immigration requirements. This includes qualified aliens who have not met the 5-year and are not exempt from the 5-year bar, nonpregnant nonqualified aliens, and undocumented individuals.
- Share this page at kingcounty.gov/aem
Income qualifications are determined by the eligibility requirements and income listed below:
Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) Medicaid, Processed by the Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Individual is age 19 through 64
- Individual is not eligible for Medicare; and
- Follows MAGI rules established through the Healthplanfinder.
|Total number in family including you||Monthly income limit for free coverage||Annual income limit for free coverage|
Classic Medicaid, processed by the WA State Dept. of Social and Health Services
- Individual is age 65 or older and is not a caretaker for a child under age 19;
- Individual is eligible for Medicare; or
- Individual is receiving long-term care services and not relatable to a MAGI program.
|Single Eligible||Eligible Couple|