The following are local, state and federal programs and resources that are available for undocumented residents living in King County. The criteria and requirements are explained on each website.
- Health insurance for pregnancy and children
- Health insurance for undocumented residents: Alien Emergency Medical (AEM) Program
- Health Insurance/Health Care Options for clients are are non-citizens of Washington State
- King County Adult Dental Program (KCADP)
KCADP provides dental services for residents living in King County who are not eligible for Apple Health (Medicaid) due to citizenship requirements.
- Family Planning Only—Birth Control Plan
Women, men and teens who want to avoid an unintended pregnancy can get birth control, medical exams and counseling about when or if to have children. These services are free if you qualify.
- King County Prescription Discount Card Program
The King County Prescription Discount Card Program can save an average of 24% off the price of all commonly prescribed medications.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) supplemental nutrition program
WIC is a supplemental food program for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants and children. WIC also provides health screening, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding promotion and support, help getting other services and monthly benefits for nutritious foods.
- Bus pass: ORCA LIFT cards
ORCA LIFT cards provide you with a reduced transit fare on select regional transit systems throughout the Puget Sound area.
- Access to Baby and Child Dentistry Program (ABCD)
ABCD connects low-income families with dentists who know how to care for young kids, preventing tooth decay early and educating parents about how to take good care of their children's teeth.
- Lock It Up: Safe storage of firearms
Promoting the safety of our communities through increasing safe storage of firearms.
- Utility Discount Program (UDP)
The Utility Discount Program (UDP) helps you get current and stay current on utility payments by offering a discount of up to 60% on your Seattle City Light bill and a 50% discount on your Seattle Public Utilities bill. This program is available for residential City Light and Seattle Public Utilities customers only.
- Fresh Bucks Seattle
Fresh Bucks helps Seattle residents on a tight budget afford fruits and vegetables. Read below to learn more about which Fresh Bucks program might work for you.
- Food stamps (EBT), cash and medical services through the Washington State Dept. of Social and Health Services (DSHS). If you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. national, you must meet eligibility requirements as described in Washington State Code, WAC 388-424-0020.
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP)
NWIRP provides assistance with a variety of immigration matters, including: applications for asylum; representation in removal (deportation) proceedings; protections for survivors of violence, victims of other crimes, and children/youth; naturalization and family visas.
- Guia de recursos para inmigrantes indocumentados y personas que no son ciudadanos de los estados unidos
- Resource guide for undocumented immigrants and non-us citizens
- Programa de acceso a servicios y alcance comunitario
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
Helps unaccompanied immigrant and refugee children who come to the United States without parents or legal guardians seeking protection.