The new Coal Creek bridge, completed in May 2023, winds over the creek below SE Lake Walker Road which leads into the Lake Walker community.
May 30, 2023
Crews finished the striping on the new Coal Creek bridge at the end of May 2023.
We thank the community for your patience during this project. Enjoy your new bridge!
See the latest construction photos.
Coal Creek Bridge No. 3035A project location.
The old bridge was closed and traffic shifted to a temporary bridge in 2022. This configuration remained in place until the new Coal Creek bridge opened in spring 2023. Larger view JPG 185KB
- Virtual community meeting presentation - June 22, 2021 PDF 5MB
- Flyer - June 1, 2021 PDF 211KB
- Flyer - July 15, 2020 PDF 631KB
- Notice of Action Taken (NAT) - Issued, January 9, 2020 PDF 1MB
- Determination of Non-Significance (DNS) - Issued, December 10, 2019 PDF 1MB
- State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Environmental Checklist - Signed, November 22, 2019 PDF 5MB
- Coal Creek Bridge Replacement Project: Bridge Type, Size and Location report - November 16, 2019 PDF 67MB
- The Bridge Type Size and Location (TS&L) report evaluates three bridge design alternatives for the replacement of the Coal Creek Bridge. The TS&L report considered costs, environmental impacts, right-of-way acquisition, community feedback, construction phasing and staging needs and project schedule. The report is used to help King County determine a selection of the preferred final bridge design alternative to replace the Coal Creek Bridge.
- Open house materials - March 26, 2019:
- Flyer - March 7, 2019 PDF 86KB