2023 Nonprofit Application Cycle
All nonprofits that turn in a completed application (meeting all of the eligibility criteria) on time will be in the program for the current year.
Opens April 12 and closes May 4, 2023.
Watch our webinar and take a look at our implementation guide to prepare.
Note: Nonprofit organizations must reapply every year.
Step 1: Prepare
- Check that you meet our eligibility requirements here.
- Determine if you are a new or returning organization If you are not on this list, you are new.
- Get all required paperwork ready ahead of time.
(New) Nonprofit Organizations:
- a copy of the King County W9
- a copy of your IRS
tax exemptdetermination letter
- a PDF or screenshot of your listing on the Washington Secretary of State website showing active registration with the Charitable Solicitations Act (Charities Program) click for example
(Returning) Nonprofit Organizations:
- a PDF or screenshot of your listing on the Washington Secretary of State website showing current registration with the Charitable Solicitations Act (Charities Program) click for example
Federations: In addition to the above
- Federation Worksheet(.xlsx format)
- Logo (optional)
New Governmental Units: In addition to the above listed under new/returning
- Documentation showing proof of separate fund, legal authority to accept donations, and documentation regarding tax-deductibility.
Step 2: Apply Online
Account set-up and log-in instructions for the portal
New Organizations that did not receive an invite code from an employee referral:
- Register a new local account on the portal. (Write down your username and password! You will need this from here on out.)
Returning organizations and new organizations that received a portal invite from an employee referral:
- Must use either use invite code or current log-in. Search your inbox for the subject line "Your Personal King County Employee Giving Program Application Invite" it could be from previous years.
How to redeem invitation - Video Tutorial (YouTube, 30 seconds)
- Email invite will be sent to you with a link taking you directly to the above page. The invitation code looks like a software serial number.
- Create a username and password.
- Invitations are unique to you, please do not share. Use the email address the invite was sent to.
Accessing our nonprofit portal
Our portal is used to update contact information, account information, and to apply. Log-ins are user specific and tied to a specific account. Click the green button below to go to our nonprofit portal. It will take you to a different website.Access KCEGP nonprofit portal