Budget and Fiscal Management Committee
The Budget and Fiscal Management Committee considers and makes recommendations on the county revenue and expenditure fiscal structural gap, capital and operating budget appropriations. It also considers the sale, lease or transfer of real property to or by the county; debt and investment proposals; bond issues; matters pertaining to the Office of Economic and Financial Analysis; levies (unless referred to another committee); supplemental appropriations related to the COVID-19 pandemic response; and financial policies. The committee shall develop recommendations on policy direction for the biennial budget, based on the recommendations of other council committees, and takes into account the estimated fiscal impacts of state and federal legislation.
Hybrid Meetings: Attend King County Council committee meetings in person in Council Chambers (Room 1001), 516 3rd Avenue in Seattle, or through remote access. Details on how to attend and/or provide comment remotely are listed below.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENT: The Budget and Fiscal Management Committee values community input and looks forward to hearing from you on agenda items.
There are three ways to provide public comment:
- In person: You may attend the meeting and provide comment in the Council Chambers.
- By email: You may comment in writing on current agenda items by submitting your email comments using the link below. Comments submitted by 8:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting will be distributed to the committee members and appropriate staff prior to the meeting.
Click here to submit written public comment. Please include the topic and, if known, the related committee in the subject line of your email.
If you would like to comment on an item not on the current agenda, you can email your Councilmember here.
- Remote attendance at the meeting by phone or computer: You may provide oral comment on current agenda items during the meeting’s public comment period by connecting to the meeting via phone or computer using the ZOOM application and the webinar ID below.
You are not required to sign up in advance. Comments are limited to current agenda items.
You have the right to language access services at no cost to you. To request these services, please contact Equity and Social Justice Director Dae Shogren at 206-263-8124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00 a.m. the day prior to the meeting.
CONNECTING TO THE WEBINAR:
Webinar ID: 867 1228 9077
If you do not have access to the ZOOM application, you can connect to the meeting by calling 1-253-215-8782 and using the webinar ID above. Connecting in this manner, however, may impact your ability to be unmuted to speak.
HOW TO WATCH/LISTEN TO THE MEETING REMOTELY: There are several ways to watch or listen in to the meeting:
- Stream online via this link:
https://livestream.com/accounts/15175343/events/4485487, or input the link web address into your web browser
- Watch King County TV Channel 22 (Comcast Channel 22 and 322(HD), Wave Broadband Channel 22)
- Listen to the meeting by telephone – See “Connecting to the Meeting” above
To help us manage the meeting, if you do not wish to be called upon for public comment please use the Livestream or King County TV options listed above, if possible, to watch or listen to the meeting.
9:30 a.m. on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month
Meeting Materials for the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee
Listed below are the meeting materials for the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee. The meeting materials available before each meeting are combined into one PDF document and posted below under Meeting Agendas and Materials. On occasion, not all materials will be available before the meeting. Additional materials for the meeting are posted as they become available.
(If links are not displaying below, you may access agenda materials at https://aqua.kingcounty.gov/council/agendas/bfm/)