Physical test requirements
All agencies in WA State have the same standards with regards to passing the Physical Agility Test (PAT). KCSO requires that you are able to pass the PAT administered by the academy associated with your assigned class.
The CJTC has published a good video regarding Physical Agility Test Requirements. You can view it here: https://www.publicsafetytesting.com/information-center/test-requirements-law-enforcement-officer-physical-wa
The new PAT will likely consist of:
1. Squat Thrusts: 3 minutes to complete a minimum of 35 squat thrusts to pass.
- Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Push hips back and bend your knees, squat down, and place your hands on the floor in front of you, shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your hands in place, back flat, and core engaged, kick your feet back to a plank position: arms and body straight, hands in line with and slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Reverse the sequence to return to the starting position.
2. Sit Up Test: 90 seconds to complete a minimum of 25 sit ups to pass.
3. Pushup Test: 90 seconds to complete a minimum of 20 pushups to pass.
If you have any additional questions please reach out to us at KCSO.Recruiter@KingCounty.gov