Runway 14L/32R Rehabilitation Project
King County International Airport-Boeing Field (KCIA) plans to rehabilitate Runway 14L/32R, also known as the secondary runway, by 2024. This work will be funded by a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airport Improvement Program (AIP) grant. The project will be completed in three phases, the first phase being alternatives analysis and predesign. The second phase will incorporate design and bidding services, and the third phase being construction administration services.
- Complete pavement, geotechnical, and utility survey and assessment
- Implement and achieve King County Green Building Ordinances (GBOs)
- Achieve one or more of the following certifications:
- Envision Silver
- King County Sustainable Infrastructure Scorecard - Platinum
- Replace incandescent lights with LED fixtures and upgrade electrical lighting associated with the runway
- Repave, paint markings, and realign taxiway connectors and the runway
24-Hour Operations Line
TTY Relay 711
Monday - Friday, 9 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Closed on county holidays