Skip to main content
King County logo

If you promote, organize or conduct outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment within unincorporated King County, which will attract 250 or more persons and where a charge is required, a King County Outdoor Musical Entertainment license is required (Title 6* of the King County Code).

You must file an application no later than 40 days prior to the event.

The applicant must provide specific information including a site plan, a detailed proposal and schedule of activities, and a detailed traffic and crowd protection plan. Approvals are required by the King County Sheriff's Office, Seattle-King County Public Health Department, and the Department of Permitting and Environmental Review (Permitting). Insurance and a cash bond are required.

To apply, complete the Outdoor Musical Entertainment License Application, available in PDF* (26KB) or fill-in MS Word* (130KB) format. For assistance, contact the Permitting Department at 206-296-6600.

*Note: To view PDFs, free software from Adobe is required. Word documents require Microsoft software. For assistance, see helpful hints.

To request this information in alternate formats for people with disabilities, call 206-296-6600 or TTY Relay: 711.