The Dirt: Calendar of hands-on volunteer opportunities
- Volunteer in King County, Washington
- Environmental education programs and resources
- Grants and awards
- Water and Land Resources Division
- Parks and Recreation Division
- Department of Natural Resources and Parks
News and announcements
Apr. 21, 2016
External article, Seattle Times
How our world would turn to chaos without dedicated volunteers
Snoqualmie River floodplain planting event
Saturday February 22, 10:00-2:00
Location: Fall City
Please RSVP to help with preparation:
Alex Harwell, Outreach Program Coordinator
- Weed Watchers
Adopt a trail or lake you're familiar with and report noxious weeds you see when you're out and about.
- Volunteer Lake Stewardship Program
Get outside to help monitor water quality at select lakes in King County.
- Salmon counts and habitat restoration
- Parks calendar
Find scheduled events to join King County Parks for tree plantings and weed control.
- Repair events
Volunteer to help other fix and repair their stuff, or learn how to fix things at events across King County.
- Miller and Walker Creeks volunteer calendar
Plant native trees and shrubs, pull invasive, non-native plants and clean up litter at these Puget Sound creeks.
- Master Recycler Composter Program
Sign up for free training to learn about waste reduction, recycling, solid waste impacts on climate change and public outreach, and help other citizens reduce waste.
For more information about volunteering in King County, please contact Lina Rose, Volunteer Coordinator, King County Parks and Recreation Division.