Flow monitoring program
The Wastewater Treatment Division Flow Monitoring program routinely maintains and collects data from flow meters throughout the King County conveyance system.
Flow monitoring data allows the Wastewater Treatment Division to:
- Determine and analyze infiltration and inflow trends
- Calculate combined sewer overflow volume (used for NPDES permit reporting)
- Manage the wastewater system flows during peak wet weather and emergency storm events
- Analyze and evaluate problems within WTD’s conveyance system
- Plan and prioritize inspections, repairs, upgrades, and new projects